Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault 19 poorly speedo tacho.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ours2012 
#1 ·
I have been the proud owner of a Renault 19'Cabriolet from new. Previously owned by Renault UK.
Many of the pictures used in their advertisements was my old bus.
More to the point. The speedometer has stopped working and obviously the odometer. I am unable to reset the trip.
The garage have come to the conclusion that the back of the unit has deteriorated in time, although I suspect maybe some heavy handiness may be the culprit.
It is not possible purchase a replacement from Renault, so have been searching the web for a replacement.
Unbelievably I cannot find a replacement, which beggars belief when you know how many were produced.
My question FINALLY is can you remove the dials without serious damage. I have located a replacement but it from a diesel which has a different calibration than a petrol.is it possible to remove tacho, put my original in its place and will it work.
Any help would be gratefully received.

#2 ·
renault 19 instrument cluster
Try this on tbay, should get 2 hits, 74 from overseas, see if one is yours...

You can take the dials off, tacho should only screw in.
Dont put your dials back on ...
Put TOM Tom, in the car, drive the car, ( make sure roads are clear).
Then calibrate the dials with tom tom, 30mph, on TOM TOM, align and push,,, try and get dials at 28mph not 30, unless new tyres, with the correct amount of air in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.