Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - koleos big mistake in purchasing

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: koleos big mistake in purchasing

Originally Posted by andrewf4854 View Post
Hi everyone, new to this forum so bear with me. I'm the unfortunate owner of a 58 Koleos and judging by the few posts I've seen I'm not the only one with problems. Had the car for just over 2yrs, most of which it's either been stuck on the drive because it won't start or back at the dealers who seem to have as much knowledge as I do about the car (bugger all). Every time it won't start it runs through it's whole menu of faults, Check exhaust emissions, fuel injection system failure, power steering fault, brake system fault, etc. It's already had 2 new injectors that took 5 weeks to come, it's back in again for the 4th time and they are now telling me it's a battery fault. Not producing enough volts to operate the sensors. Methinks someone is taking the "p".
I am sure that in your case the problem is not the Koleos, a fantastic car, but an incompetent garage. Any complex modern Koleos car taken to non-Renault dealers is at high risk of not being fixed/diagnosed properly. All cars, across all brands, need maintenance or can develop faults: the Koleos is a highly complex machine and it must be seen only by main Renault dealers in my opinion...the car is fantastic but it needs highly skilled technicians for proper maintenance.

Best SUV car around, I love it.
Best kept Renault secret, hidden gem.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome