Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #90 of (permalink) Old 16th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Its a shame your local Renault dealer does not gove you the service you should be getting when you own a (former) flagship model. I must say I have no complaints with my dealer so far, infact they have been quite good.

It is true however I think that this model was considered a bit of a white elephant in this country, which is probably why they dropped it in right hand drive. I think they are still current on the continent though arnt they.

I think the problem is that they are just big and French and executive and the UK matket just doesn't really like these. That goes for big Citroens and Peugots aswell though.

Having said all this, you must have known this when buying as all these points are really tied into the low second had prices. As i said before, if you wan lux and reliabliy, then it german and double the money i'm afraid.

I took my chances and its paid off eventually, touch wood it now seems to be together and i love it, so do most people who have never seen one!!

I hope you get it all sorted out though as it is strefssful I know. Once shes all sorted you will forget all about the woes and hopefully enjoy her for what she is.
Currently in jamesyboy5593's garage:
Scenic II 1.9DCi Privilege, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG, Gilera Nexus 500 scooter.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome