Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #91 of (permalink) Old 16th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Vel Satis black smoke

Hi guys, first posting as I didn't realise this "club "existed. I put one in the general posting yesterday to see if anybody else had experience of waking up in the morning to near complete loss of power in a diesel Vel Satis with noxious black smoke with pressing the accellerator. I hope this is a first for all of you as it looks expensive, car was brought to Renault MD by the AA and I got a call today to say that the 66 diagnostic was insufficient to discover the extent of the problem, I need to part with another 132 before I can find our whats wrong and how much this will cost.

This is a shame as I love the car, 20k miles in 14 months, great family cruise from Glasgow to Tuscany recently. I run a charity and don't want to turn up in disadvantaged areas in a beemer or merc, renalut badge and the fact that nobody knows what a VS is, gets me comfort, space and a great motor with no hassle.

If I can fix the car (52 2.2dci with 60k on the clock) for less than 2k I'll be happy to do so and run it anther few years.

Happy motoring.
Currently in marathonger's garage:
Vel Satis 3.0v6 dci auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome