Join Date: Jul 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I took the plunge and tried this out. It worked and was pretty easy so here's how.
1) remove head unit (radio). You can get removal tools, but I just used a coathanger cut into two and bent to fit into the holes on each edge of the unit. Push the wires into the holes until you feel a firm click. You need to push quite hard (slightly worrying). The problem is getting the unit out as there's nothing to pull. I pushed outwards on the wires and pulled when it gave enough purchase.
2) Plug in blue end of lead - there was only one place this would fit. Plug other end into CD changer.
3) Test - it worked fine. Display worked, steering wheel controls worked.
4) Remove lead from cd changer and feed down to passenge footwell - there is a route although you can't see it - I found it using the coathanger and carefully feeling a way. Pull all the lead through or you won't have enough.
5) Pull out carpet at top - there is one pop connector to remove carefully. Remove drawer and surround from under passenger seat. The surround has various plastic catches to push down.
6) You can now feed the lead to the drawer under the seat - you need someone with very long arms. If you feed it along the corner nearest the centre of the car you can't see it at all.
7) Replace all trim and connect up cd changer.
It's all invisible when in place, but I would like to get a fold down flap rather than the drawer, so I'll be on the lookout for a Privelege at breakers yards I guess.
8) Find a way to stop CD player sliding around - I used velcro patches
Currently in devonhammer's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic 1.5dCi