Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II tail light question

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II tail light question

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Laguna II hatch which had been in to a bodyshop to have a new rear bumper/tailgate work some weeks back after some kind soul decided to drive into the back of me. It came back looking brand new and with no apparent problems until this Saturday when I noticed that the reversing lights had packed up. After further inspection I realised that I was perhaps just a few miles away from both units falling off the back of the car!

I had a look at the single retaining bolts for each unit under the round flaps in the bootlid and noticed that both units were just hanging on by a couple of mil of thread, and when I removed the nuts, the electrical looms were not clipped in correctly and just popped out! If I had gone much further I think I would have lost both (and knowing my luck, someone would have run over them too!).

So, my question is - does anyone know if there should be a spring washer on the retaining bolt to prevent the nut working itself loose during day to day running about. I assume that this is what happened, and I don't rule out the bodyshop just forgetting to fit some and not bothering to make sure the wiring was plugged in correctly.

If they don't have spring washers fitted, then I would recommend any other lag II owners to check their tail lights before they drop off.

I'm going to put some washers in anyway, but would be interested to know if they should be there in the first place.

Currently in WhoRU's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi 130
  5 Lastest Threads by WhoRU
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Tommy Cooper lives on...... Jokes & funny stuff moi 2 677 2nd August 2007 09:51 PM
Laguna II tail light question Cars & motoring WhoRU 4 1243 16th July 2007 10:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome