Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Windscreen wiper blades

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Windscreen wiper blades

Just came across the same problem with my 2005 Laguna 2 FL.
With the engine and wipers running I stopped the wiper arms in the upright position by removing the key card and pressing the stop/start button when they were at the top of the windscreen.
Then found I couldn't lift the arms sufficiently clear of the windscreen in order to rotate the wiper blades for removal.
Some knob-head designer had incorporated a bulge at the top of the wiper arm elbow joint that effectively limited the top arm and blade from lifting no more than 60/80mm off of the windscreen!
I found some posts in these forums where members had resorted to removing the wiper arms from their spindles in order to replace the blades - too long winded for me.
Simple mod of shaving/filing the top off each bulge,(The metal is soft zinc base), until the base of the wiper arm just cleared it, did the job - permanently.
I can now replace my wiper blades just like all the other car owners, who take their sensibly designed cars for granted. Hope this helps someone else.
Currently in Axvr's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 2.0T
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome