Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Scenic - Immobiliser and central locking problems

152K views 41 replies 26 participants last post by  Nottnoc 
#1 ·
Hi all I hope you can help,

I have read through all of the threads with regards to a problem similar to mine but haven't come accross a solution so far, I am currently unable to start my car due to the immobiliser being constantly engaged the red light is flashing on the dash and the central locking is not responding to the keyfob. When in the car if I press the central locking button on the console the doors lock and unlock, so I know the central locking system is fine.

I too have removed the remote sensor receiver located in the interior lighting display only too find water has escaped from the aerial above, and fallen onto the PCB and sensor I have removed this and dried it with a hair drier as mentioned in previous threads, but alas this hasn't worked I understand it is possible to buy a new part but can I simply replace it or will I have to have the new part coded to the keyfob and the car, the part is seimens I noticed in a previous thread that this part can be purchased for around £60 but it didn't mention if it had to be coded.

In avance I would like to thank anyone who can help me with this problem and await your reply.

#28 ·
Somebody jammed a wire into the lock on the passengers side of my Scenic I, whilst it was in a car park. I think there's a bit of wire left in the barrel as it wont turn. I need to get this sorted as I've only one electronic central locking key, and it I lose it I wont be able to open the car. What way should I approach this? Take off the door trim and try clear the lock barrel? Is that easy enough to do? Thanks!

#33 ·
Could be posting in completely the wrong place, but I'm desperately needing assistance.

I currently drive a 1998 renault megane scenic which I've had second hand for less than a year and it just keeps eating up key fob batteries like nobodies business, I have 2 keys and they both seem to be as bad as each other, can anyone help me solve this problem please, or will I need to spend £200+ on a new key

#34 ·
Which type of immobiliser do you have? My 1998 dTi has the type where you have 30 seconds from unlocking to starting the engine, or else you have to lock and re-unlock the doors. There is one coin-type cell in each key and the batteries seem to last for about 6 or 7 years (I've changed them twice in almost 16 years). A little later on, I believe that the immobiliser was changed to an RF type, and there is no time limit between unlocking the doors and starting the engine, before the immobiliser cuts in

#36 ·
Hi, I have a 2002 Scenic 1.6 Petrol Automatic.
The alarm came on at 5:30 am and neither of my 2 keys would turn it off. I had to disconnect the battery to silence it. As soon as the battery is reconnected the alarm keeps sounding, and there some kind of clicking noise from the area of the fuse box in the car.

The alarm will stop if I turn the key fully in the ignition, but the car will not start. As soon as I let the key slightly back from full in the ignition slot, then the alarm starts again.

Any ideas?

#37 ·
Doh... The battery was totally flat. I must have left something on in the car overnight. I didn't know that it could cause the alarm to go off and everything to hang up.
I rang the service guys at Renault, who said that I should remove the alarm because there are no factory fitted alarms on 2002 models????
If that didn't work, I would have to tow it to them to put on the diagnostics computer. So I rang a mechanic friend, and he came around, saw the fault straight away and fixed it in 2 minutes with a jump start.

#40 ·
I did it, i changed everything over and over and over, but not that i thought it would change anything i took the tiny transponder from one key fob to another, (they both worked on the car) and hey presto the car started. why it worked i dont know, it worked im off, only to discover that by replacing the starter moror from the top of the engine (i read all the threads and have a haynes manual) i must have nicked the oil return turbo pipe and now have a drive way to clean, oh well some rubber pipe jubilee clips and some driveway cleaner it is for me

#42 ·
If the response isn't legal, both you & the respondent could be banned.
We will also not allow the sale of, or discussions about, devices & techniques aimed at bypassing immobilisers or other security features
Simply put, Only one way......................Renault Dealer
With proof of identity & Ownership of the Motor.

Reactions: batfink5
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.