Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Front Wing Costs?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2015
Platinum member
Nominated 14 Times in 13 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,398 Posts
Re: Clio Front Wing Costs?

Originally Posted by joe2cool View Post
Hi no one else was involved in the accident, just a lamp post & my wife does have over 10 yrs no claim.
On ebay I did notice that the wing was as cheap as 30, but we wouldn't be able to fit it ourselves.

We were quoted via telephone

........'The wing is 78.83

Paint materials will be 125.50 and 240 to paint & fit the part'.

Is this reasonable? Assuming its metallic paint, costs more? Sounds huge to me?
Obviously need garages to see the damage & a few more quotes. The light is still working correctly, just no original cover only plastic.

Also can I ask how important is it to choose a garage which subscribes to the 'Motor Industry Code Of Practice'?

Its always good to use a company who subscribes to the motor industry codes but at the same time there are small companies who can do the job and do it efficiently you will have to search this out..have a look in yellow pages and contact a can get ready painted wings on line [they supply and paint a wing and then send it to you..had no experience of these companies but it might be a quick fix for you..metallic paints are always more expensive compared to solid colours but now we use acrylic paints so all paints need a lacquer top coat irrespective of metallic or not..the quote you have is not bad but if it were me I would shop around to see if the quote can be beaten..have a look on ebay to see if you can get another wing of the same colour..light fittings for the same..good luck with this report back to let us know how you got on..
Currently in Phil48's garage:
There is nothing in my garage now..
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome