Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #362 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi All. Fantastic info on here, but im a little confused and could do with some friendly guidance. Our grand scenic heater has always been a bit temperamental in so much as only fan speeds 3 & 4 only ever worked. Anyway recently the fan has stopped working on any speed and as such mists up quite dangerously. Having stumbled across this thread after researching what it could be, it pointed to the heater resistor issue. Having sucesfully got to the resiator via the dash opening I ordered one via ebay and soldered it on. Anyway, before i put it all back in I thought i reconnect the battery and test it all worked. It did and fan speed 1,2,3 & 4 worked fine - but then the resistor started smoking pretty bad to the point that Im sure if left long enough i would have caught fire. Anyway, I decided I should probably change the loom, so ordered one from ebay and just gone to install but on pulling the loom from the dash - it has already been changed (ive had the car from three months old).
So im pretty confused on what I have done. Have I fitted an incompatible resistor or something?
Currently in jwlanky1's garage:
2.0 Grand Scenic 2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome