Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II Electronic Brake Fault Codes

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 2 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Scenic II Electronic Brake Fault Codes

Back again!

This time im trying to rescue my sisters scenic dci from the crusher after it failed it's MOT on a few things including an EPB fault.

After my success at fixing the EPB on the VVT i thought it would be fairly simple....sticky cables or mechanism and with that fixed the codes should just need cleared.

So armed with new pads, cables and tools i set about the rear and cleaned it all up and freed off the calipers (they were pretty siezed).

Tested the parking brake and it all works perfectly but i just cant get the codes cleared with DDT.

Using DDT the APB ECU scans, reads the codes, clears them but they come back almost immediately and i'm kinda stuck with what to do now.

Any suggestions? Is the switch likely to cause this or perhaps clutch pedal sensor or even wiring somewhere??

The MOT is booked for monday and if i don't have any joy tomorrow i'm kinda snookered as the car is 150 miles away at my parents and i'll just to leave it for the time being, although i am pondering swapping the working unit from the VVT to the DCi to get the MOT so i can at least tax and drive the old girl home and then have more tinkering time.

Oh, and i've also got both front wishbones, front spring and a TRE to swap on the front - going to be busy tomorrow i think!
Currently in niallmoran's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.6 VVT 2002 2004 Scenic 1.9 DCi Alfa Romeo 156
  5 Lastest Threads by niallmoran
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
DTC codes - glow plugs? Engines mickeybo 10 1441 21st February 2015 12:46 PM
Scenic II Electronic Brake Fault Codes Brakes/Hubs greavey 9 1549 7th February 2015 07:35 PM
Scenic electronic handbrake failed after pad... Brakes/Hubs Leximaisy 43 9296 15th December 2014 08:53 PM
Air con very poor Heating & cooling torque777 21 4262 4th June 2012 11:12 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome