Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Auto windows on locking.

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Maybe we could start by confirming that some of the models actually did this. I know neither of my 2.0 RXE's did, but maybe the V6/Exec/Monaco were different?

It's not unknown for Renault to document stuff in the user manual that was never actually fitted to any of the production models. A good example of this is the 'handsfree card' which was in the Laguna II manual from the start, even though it didn't actually appear on the car until they did the facelift in the middle of last year.

I doubt anyone's going to know how to enable total closure on a car that doesn't already have it. Your best bet would be to go for a car alarm that has a total closure interface, or if the car already has an alarm, see if there's an interface available for it.

To be honest, the whole thing is a bit of a gimmick. Useful? Yes. Worth spending time and money fitting it to a car that doesn't already have it? Not really. My last car had it, but I rarely used it. The current one has it too, but it means locking the car with the card rather than just walking away and letting it lock itself. As a result, I tend to just make sure that the windows are closed before leaving the car.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome