Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio plip problem (P reg)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Clio plip problem (P reg)

I need help with my P-reg clio. The plip doesn't work and so the car is currently 'immobilised'. I followed the excellent instructions posted on here on how to get the car home using the emergency code, thanks a million! Now when I tried to 'sync' the plip with the system (using the same instructions posted on here) there is no response from the system. Tell me something, when you press and hold the button on the plip, does the light stay on or should it just flash once no matter how long you keep the button pressed? I'm saying this because on an older model clio (K-reg) when you press and hold the plip button, the light stays on. Thats what is making me suspect the plip is not giving out any signal (on the P-reg one). A new plip will cost me 140 from renault, so I don't want to order one untill I'm sure this one is faulty. Removing the battery and re-inserting it has no effect, the plip will just not operate the immobiliser! It happened very suddenly as well, with the usual water in the ceiling problem. But this time even after drying out, nothing works...Any suggestions?...
  5 Lastest Threads by Kojolaing
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio plip problem (P reg) Electronics chris m 3 1015 18th July 2007 10:15 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome