Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS pump/wiring fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ABS pump/wiring fault

Hi All,
re Vehicle type:Espace (series 3) 1997 2.2TD RXE

I'm new to your site and am looking for help in sorting out a ABS fault I have had the fault read by a Renault dealer (Clip test) which showed Pump Motor Circuit with 2 comments (1) Permanent control of pump motor or open circuit & (2) No rotation of PUMP Motor.

The fault was spradic to start with but is now permanent and the ABS system does NOT work under emergency braking. I have no knowledge how to take apart these vehicles although my mechanical knowledge I would say is quite high, so if anyone can advise on how to get to the pump and its associated wiring and whether its possible to power up the pump motor to hear it running and thus isolate it to a pure wiring fault, then I would be extremely appreciative.

I ask for whatever help can be given urgently, as I'm needing a MOT shortly and cannot afford costly bills being currently unemployed and the dealer quoted me the price of a new pump at 849.26 (+vat, part No.:602537066).

Many thanks in advance.....and may I say how happy I am that I've come across this site just wished I'd seen it earlier!
  5 Lastest Threads by soleroland
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ABS pump/wiring fault Cars & motoring 2 1187 13th January 2006 07:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome