Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealer And Garage Recommendations

View Single Post
post #134 of (permalink) Old 18th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'd like to recomend :

Arnold Clark Wigan
Scot Lane
Beech Hill
T 01942 225565

I took Bigger Regie to them for an MOT, 36000 mile service and to sort out the sunroof out (with 2 days left on the warranty). Dropped it off at 8.30am when they told me they might need it for 2 days as the roof might be a big job, by 10.00 they'd rang with a list of consumables that needed replacing for the service (1 wiper & discs & pads) and started on the sunroof later that afternoon. Rang me at 4 to say they'd have to get some parts in so they would need it for at least another day. Rang me twice on the wednesday to apologise for the parts not arriving. Same thing thursday as the parts had arrived but it would in fact need a complete new roof cartridge. Then again friday morning to to say the parts had arrived, however it would be at least another two days to fit them, however they could put the old bits back on so that I could have the car for the weekend. Arrived at 5.30 to find that although it'd been put back together they'd fogotten to MOT it.... Sorted me a courtesy car on their insurance within 10 minutes and carried out the MOT on saturday morning which they did for free. Dropped the car back off on the monday morning and picked it up at lunchtime on tuesday.

Total bill for the service & brakes was just under 500, which is more than my XJ cost me, but again is down to Renault's fixed price servicing.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome