Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3

Just a little story that had a happy ending.

Last week one of my xenon headlights stopped working, I knew this was going to cost a lot to repair and Renaults were the only place to repair it, I did wait a week before booking my car in and during this time I checked frequently to see if the light was working, no luck..

I don,t know if all dealers are like mine but when I booked it in I enquired if they kept spare ballasts in stock and new bulbs, they did not! They told me I would have to take my car in, they would diagnose what was wrong and then I could book it in again when they had the parts to repair it.

I told them I lived 40 miles from them (they are the closest Renault dealers to me) but this made no difference, this meant for them to do the repair I would have a total drive of 160 miles! not too mention the time involved.

I got up at 6.30 in the morning to get to them by 8.30. As it was still dark I decided I would drive there using my front fog lights, I checked they were ok and started my 40 mile drive, I drove a couple of hundred yards and thought I would just check my Headlights again and found out they were both working!!!!!!!!

A week has gone by and they are still ok! Fingers crossed.

I rang the dealers as soon as they opened and cancelled my repair

Any suggestions on what happened.
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome