Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Poor Servicng by Main Dealer

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2007 Thread Starter
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Poor Servicng by Main Dealer

I'm sure many of us on the forum have had doubts at times about the quality of work when leaving our cars in for service - well one of the main dealers (no I wouldn't name them) in my area have been fined (£2000 a pittance in my view) in court for failing to do work correctly and our local office of Fair Trading are apparently going to investigate further. By the way the company concerned have dealerships for around 20 makes on the one site.
The customer involved marked his filters before leaving the vehicle in and better still was charged for a replacement rear wiper blade when his car did even have a rear wiper - if it wasn't so serious you would laugh. If they didn't change the filters I wonder if they even checked important safety aspects like the brakes and steering. See the link below which is a press report from my local paper therefore the information is in the public domain.

Dealer in court for not servicing vehicle - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l

Last edited by madnoel10; 19th July 2007 at 04:11 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by madnoel10
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Changed my Motta Cars & motoring A55ii 5 113 1st October 2016 04:51 PM
Ford Focus C-max Cars & motoring batfink5 2 67 21st September 2016 02:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome