Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna fault since dealer had it

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna fault since dealer had it

I had a fault light *Toxic Fume Filter*come on my laguna 51 plate 1.8 petrol Dynamique, they say it is because of a NON-Genuine cat.

as you would do i contacted the renault dealer to book it in for the light resetting, as i had also recieved a 99 service offer and i had only had the car for 4 months i thought i would pay the extra for the "service", this is where it all goes wrong. 65+vat for the light reset & 99 for the service which turned out to be nothing more than an oil change and a visual check of the vehicle.

i collected the car after the work was completed, first of all i noticed that the performance was decidedly poorer than when i took it in, also the fuel consumption readings on the computer were working differently, prior to the "service", after a reset the MPG would start around 30, and then go up/down accordingly. NOW, it starts at 14 mpg and slowly goes up, after nearly 2 weeks of driving since the last reset it is now between 28.8 and 29.7.

performance is poor, turning a corner in 2nd gear and accelerating sees a gradual increase in pulling power instead of the instant response you would expect from an 1800 engine.

I have returned the car to the dealer who checked out the engine management and repoerted "nothing wrong", but i know there is something definitely wrong with it.

i intend to return to the dealers to get it sorted but now they are saying it will cost me 1 hours labour charge for something that i feel was their fault in the first place.

what i am asking here is if anyone has any idea what could have gone wrong when THEY had their computer connected to my car?

all they keep saying is that "everything is computer controlled", but i keep trying to get across to then that the only people to have touched the computer/engine management system is THEM,

i am more than gutted that they now expect me to pay another 65+vat for them to re-write the whole system, i dont like this idea as it was them that screwed it up in the first place. to say i dont trust their servicing is an understatement, i am really loath to let them near my cars computer again but what choice have i got, poor performance, sometimes stalling on set off, something it didnt do before either. having to give more revs setting off, having to drop into 2nd gear up steep hills that i used 3rd for in the past, these all add up to a loss of MPG which in the long run is going to cost me money anyway, and then there is the MOT fuel emission test which it might not pass now if it is running rich, the problem seems worse when it is cold, who knows what the winter will bring

anyone got any ideas?

Currently in paperman's garage:
Laguna II 1.8 petrol, Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by paperman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
laguna fault since dealer had it Cars & motoring paperman 7 1418 19th July 2007 05:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome