Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - V6 Variant - Member Opinions and Buyers Advice

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
lag 2 V6

Hi Polecat,

I have exactly what you are talking about .... 02 reg. V6 initiale tourer. (42.500 miles)

Maybe i can help you along ...
This is a brill car , with all the toys you can think of .
I have owned it since march last year and it had one ongoing fault which seems to be sorted now after about 6mths in various dealerships . (bad connection on No. 5 cylinder).
Anyway the car is very fast with a growl from the engine on accelaration.
(i would say a wolf in sheeps clothing as nobody can tell its a V6 unless they look at badge on side of door).
The tiptronic box with fly by wire throttle is ok but it tends to keep changing revs accordingly .. ie slowing down , going up and down hills , in fact any prevailing conditions it will change revs, this can be annoying sometimes.
But flick gear lever into manual and wow its like changing to sports mode , you control the gears, revs , etc. (use this when you want to give it a bit of welly) Flick it up to change up and back to change down.I find this really good when overtaking .
Instrumentation is exactly the same as any lag 2 initiale , the sat nav. is reaaly good (get a tmc disc to warn you of traffic jams) .
Sound system is excellent .
Tyre pressure sensors i find a pain in the a**e , when working properly , yes they are great safety item , but lots of people seem to suffer problems with them as i have now and again.
mpg ..... well i would say it is a bit thirsty , around town averages 22-23 mpg on a run should average around 30mpg , but because of my fault i think my computer has been re-mapped and i get 23mpg no matter what driving conditions.
Reading from different forums it seems to be that the V6 seems to be the most trouble free engine from the whole lag 2 range . As the dci engines have turbo problems if not looked after.(sorry all you dci people not a poke at you , just readind the forums).
All in all i think i chose the right model.
Would i buy another one ? No , my next car will be a honda accord 2.4 ex .

Hope this helps , anything else you wish to know just post on here .

Good luck ....... Harry
Currently in chakota's garage:
Formerly Lag2 V6 and caravan .. Now a Mondeo Ghia X 2.0 Diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome