Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ESP Light on Laguna II V6 after.....

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th February 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ESP Light on Laguna II V6 after.....

an ABS Pump / Module change?

To cut a long story short, I had the ABS red "Stop & take your car to a Renault Dealer" warning light come on in my 3.0 V6 so I did just that.
They hooked it up & said the code pointed to either the ABS Pump / Module or a wiring fault, it was a code they'd never seen before?!?
They checked the wiring which was all OK so it now must be the ABS Pump / Module, they wanted over 1500 to fix.

Now, my car is lovely, a 2001 with only 40,000 miles on the clock, but 1500 is a bit much!

I bought the part from Ren Parts at a reasonable price & they told me as my car was a 2001 it wouldn't need resetting once replaced, the fault code & warning light would just disappear after a little drive, it was 2004 & later that it would need recoding.

My local independent who I've known for years replaced the pump & bled the brakes(???) & everything else that needed doing but he said the light was still on & my wife confirmed this after picking the car up

She's the one that drives it mainly so I haven't been in it since it was fixed, wanted to avoid it to be honest! but I've been in it tonight & the only light that's now coming on (later confirmed by my wife! ) is the ESP Fault / Service warning light, the red ABS warning light hasn't come on since its been 'fixed'

Does it just need resetting or do I still have a problem here?

I love this car but Renaults are grinding me down slowly & surely!

Any help or pointers would be great, thanks in advance
Currently in LOFC75's garage:
Renault Laguna Initiale 3.0 V6 Auto (51 Reg) & Renault Megane CC Dynamique S 2.0 T (07 Reg)
  5 Lastest Threads by LOFC75
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ESP Light on Laguna II V6 after..... Brakes/Hubs ours2012 3 740 12th February 2015 06:01 PM
Tuner List to Cabasse Tuner List Upgrade Electronics LOFC75 1 2094 1st September 2011 07:27 PM
Renault Clio Sport 182 Cabasse Head Unit Electronics Recycled Scenic 1 1961 28th August 2011 03:18 PM
2008 Grand Scenic Centre Console Interiors LOFC75 0 1320 1st August 2011 08:01 PM
Scenic RX4 Vibration/Misfire??? Engines Silverbacksauce 5 2931 6th April 2011 05:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome