Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #136 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by deeptwitcher View Post
Many thanks to Selwonk for email advising of this topic. I haven't had a problem with this but will try to check it out. Great that this forum actively contacts ownerswhen something like this crops up.
I own a 99 dti rxe and can honestly say it has been a great car with 110,000 miles only having to change consumables apart from headlight switch and 1 window motor mechanism, couple of gow plugs etc. Still on same exhaust and clutch, battery only changed this year as thought probably wise. Bit of rust on rear whel arches sorted this year but nothing untoward and probably cos I've lunched a boat a few time with it anyway. The little interior light switches with rubber bellows seam a bit fragile and are getting progressivly more expensive from renault,probably on my 4th now I think have gone up from £7.56 in 2001 to £19.22 last year which a lot considering same switch probably common to many models. Shame G&S or Europarts don't do them.
Have driven a few new scenics which make mine seem like a tractor now but have had mine from new and still think its a great little car.

Great to hear you enjoy your Scenic and it has served you well, a good positive post.

Thanks for the Forum praise as well.

Last edited by ottoman; 20th July 2007 at 09:49 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome