Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2005 Megane Scenic Grey Plastic Bumpers

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by mickey1965 View Post
I have a similar problem. We have a 2004 Scenic Dynamique and all Dynamiques and Privileges of that age appear to have the same graphite grey door mouldings and bumper colour. Need to replace the door moulding, went to local Renault dealer with Car Reg No. etc. hoping for same colour door moulding. Turned up BLACK (£43!) and was told you will need to have it painted! Double checked and told they all come in black. Dealer suggested local body shop who wants £40+VAT. Original door moulding doesn***8217;t look sprayed to me but I could be wrong. Renault dealer told me no spray cans try Halfords. Is there a suitable spray can in the correct colour that will stick to the plastic? If so anybody got any codes of colour etc. Is it any good? Any tips?
Many Thanks

Hi Mickey,

When my 05 Scenic II was involved in an accident they ordered new rubbing strips which came in the correct colour for the Privilege model " Flint " I'm not sure if Renault are still doing this as the black seem to be a different texture as well.

Worth giving another dealership a phone and see what they say, maybe the first is covering for the wrong part ordered ?

We have a few members involved with body work so they might advise further.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome