Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pre-Production Megane????

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Pre-Production Megane????

Hi All,

After a nighmare 2 weeks of things going wrong with my 1996 P reg Megane Auto, I have finally lost the will to live!!

The metal pipe to my water pump developed a hole & dumped it's water content on my drive...after a huff a puff & a sigh it was off to Renault again to order the part, but when it came it wasn't the same as the old one & after much head scratching the guys at Renault have told me that my car is not what it seems as all the engine is different to what it should be....the only thing they can say is that it is 'probably' a pre-production model, as when Renault put my registation number in their system, details of trim level etc is incorrect.

Has anyone ever come across this as I am at a total loss....Renault are unable to supply the part & now it looks like I'm going to have a right old job getting anything for her if it's needed.

I have managed to hunt down the pipe I needed in the depths of a local scrappers, but it's not in the best condition & the chances are sooner or later I'm going to have the same problem (That's if something else doesn't go wrong first). The car I did manage to get the pipe of was in fact a manual car whereas mine is an auto...but Renault are adamant that they are unable to supply an identicle pipe to the one which was removed. My car has an EGR system which is the reason that the pipe Renault reckon I need won't fit!? According to them, my car should not have an EGR system at all (whatever that is!)

*sigh* I'm gutted...,the guy at Renault said he's never come across this before as pre-production models aren't normally released for sale.

Any advice as I love my car & am totally gutted about it all.
Currently in lilmissmegane's garage:
Renault Megane Scenic Alize 1.6 Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by lilmissmegane
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 1.6 auto idle issue?! Engines Nottnoc 1 858 28th February 2011 03:25 PM
Scenic EML light never illuminates?! Electronics hoochy 5 1207 28th February 2011 03:18 PM
keys lost immob problem scenic Electronics 1 885 19th August 2009 09:43 AM
Megane 1.6 Very Very Oily Plug Engines WKD_Espace 1 1366 30th March 2008 07:51 PM
Renault 5 Turbo Older renaults (pre-1992) matthieus5s 6 4560 16th September 2007 07:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome