Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pond, leaking roof/ ariel. whatever your want to call it!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Pond, leaking roof/ ariel. whatever your want to call it!

had a clio for over a two years now and just recently (with all the heavy rain) its decided to start peeing on me through the centre light console everytime i start driving. So taking the advice of all the related threads on this website i checked the sunroof, cleaned it all out (including the drain holes), but yet the leak continued. So i decided the seal the whole sunroof up with some silicone, job done!? well not quite, still got wet through the console and had water pouring down inside the side columns and on to the floor, small wet patches developed at the very top of each column.
Well as i have sealed the sunroof up completly that would take the 'blocked drainholes out the equation,' am i right!? next on my list of potential solutions is the re-sealing of the ariel, but i am unsure of how to get to it via the centre light console out. Did atempt it but grew increasingly angry at the lack of movement when the screws were out and then stopped in fear of ripping it apart any advice would be greatly appreciated (aswell as any significantly large sums of money to take the car off my hands)
Currently in sam71429's garage:
1995 Renault Clio 1.9 D

Last edited by sam71429; 20th July 2007 at 08:26 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by sam71429
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Pond, leaking roof/ ariel. whatever your want to... Bodywork chris m 3 1129 20th July 2007 08:16 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome