Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Harmony Extended Warranty

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
We've claimed on the one for the Clio twice now - once when the self-cancelling mechanism failed on the indicator stalk, and once when the car started cutting out and showing the ECU warning light. All parts and labour have been covered on both occasions, and service seems to be on par with warranty - i.e. if they can actually see the fault, they 'll probably fix it, otherwise they'll just do their best to remove the evidence (in this case, clear the fault code on the ECU , then give the car back with the same intermittent fault that it went in with - it cut out five more times the following day and is booked back in again.)

So for us at least, it has so far been every bit as good as the manufacturer's three year warranty. That doesn't necessarily mean that faults get fixed first time every time, but at least there shouldn't be any unexpected bills for anything other than genuine consumables.

From a resale point of view, the warranty is transferrable to a new owner but not (as far as I'm aware) to a different car. I'm not sure how much clout this would carry when part-ex'ing with a dealer, but on a private sale I'd personally take it as a pretty good indicator that the owner wasn't offloading the car due to some imminent and expensive major failure. I reckon that'd be worth a few bob to me.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome