Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Picked up the Scenic Today

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Picked up the Scenic Today

Picked up a new shape scenic expression today, my05 54 plate. When we first took the 1.6 vvt out I was a little worried that the 1.6 wouldn't be man enough for the job after coming from a 1.8 16v Citroen Xsara Picasso but this was not the case.

The Variable Valve Timing helps with low down grunt and having 16 valves the engine revs freely, it is both smooth and quiet. Fuel consumption is good, I have managed 43.5mpg average with a mixture of A road driving and motorways at a constant 70mph.

Wasn't going to buy another renault after owning a Cliosport 172 Mk2 as owning one from new it developed more rattles that a baby nursery in the matter of a year

The doors on the scenic are heavy and feel very solid no like the renaults of old The thing that sold it to my wife and I was the NCAP rating and lots of gadgets and storage which is ideal when you have a young child.

The handling is great compared to the Citroen Picasso as it feels more like a car than an MPV. We were looking at the Citroen Picasso 1.6 HDI before buying the Scenic and the 1.6 hdi is a great engine but if you have driven picasso you will know that they roll into corners like a boat.

Anyway thanks for reading this and I hope this helps others who are deciding if they should buy a Picasso or a Scenic.

5 Lastest Threads by chavyboy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Electronics - Unlocked drivers... Scenic Horatio 7 4406 15th January 2006 06:51 PM
Picked up the Scenic Today Cars & motoring SportTourer 3 1198 14th January 2006 07:54 PM
Scenic windscreen Interiors PJ 6 2060 8th January 2006 07:49 PM
Cruise control on a 54 Scenic Electronics chavyboy 6 2327 8th January 2006 10:58 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome