Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Starting concerns + a couple of queries

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd July 2007 Thread Starter
jeff h
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane - Starting concerns + a couple of queries

hi all, ive only had my megane ern 1.4 for a month now and four times now the car hasnt started when its been left for a short (15mins - 1hr ) doesnt seem to matter whether its hot or warm, it spins over quite happily but just doesnt fire. when it starts it runs fine with no misses or pops. if i knock the engine off then start it again its fine. a friend of mine who owns the garage where i get my cars serviced at seems to think it could possibly be the crank sensor. anyone any ideas? secondly, when im driving around a left hand bend and theres a bump or a pot hole the back end of the car seems to jerk sideways a touch, i dont know if its just me in a different car or what but its a tad unnerving. last but not least the brake bias valve seems to be missing its link to the rear axle, could anyone enlighten me as to what the missing bit looks like ie: a pic? it currently has a rod dangling from the axle but im sure its supposed to fit to the bias valve somehow cheers jeff
Currently in jeff h's garage:
1996 megane 1.4rn
  5 Lastest Threads by jeff h
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Who was the Villa fan? Football deano23285 3 3425 23rd March 2009 01:28 AM
clio saloon, first time ive seen one! Cars & motoring ottoman 15 2487 24th July 2007 03:02 PM
Renault Megane - Airbag Warning Light Electronics spald16 10 39928 22nd July 2007 08:25 PM
Renault Megane - Starting concerns + a couple of... Cars & motoring jeff h 10 3016 22nd July 2007 01:56 PM
hello from a newbie Welcome to RenaultForums chris m 5 1160 26th June 2007 05:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome