Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Replacing clock and radio bulbs Guide

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic I - Replacing clock and radio bulbs Guide

Right, here goes. Being the diagnostic boffin that I'm most certainly not I did some further investigation.

I've removed the offending display bulbs that Halfords recommended as they were 12v as requested but were 2.4amp (I think) instead of 1.2.

Previously the 10am fuse did blow as soon as changed.

I've bought LED lit fuses so that I presume if they're lit they show a live connection. Nothing. In fact now the tail lights don't work, this could have been the case when the saga started but didn't check till after. The bulbs still work as they are combined brake lights which function.

I have manually checked all fuses in the fuse box, subsequently having to hunt down the radio code

Nothing else I can tell is blown, but I presume it's all related. So the list of none functional items are: speedo LEDS, heater control etc. LEDS and tail lights. Oh and when the lights are on it no longer beeps to warn me when I open the door.

Really hope someone has some ideas else I think this may be costly. I can't see a secondary fuse box anywhere either :S

Looking forward to someone's input!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome