Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Gutted!

Thread: Gutted!
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The wife would agree entirely about the Modus (though she'd have to think of a different "I'd rather" for what I hope are obvious reasons.) She had one overnight as a courtesy car while the Clio was in for the indicator repair, and she absolutely hated it.

I've only ever had a car keyed once, and it's bloody annoying. In my case, I spotted it the day after having an argument with another driver over a parking space (when I got to it, there was nobody obviously waiting for it, but then this guy drove up and reckoned he'd seen it first) so I assume he parked up elsewhere and then took his revenge on the way past.

Assuming that it's a metallic, then the bits that don't penetrate the laquer should be t-Cuttable. If they're quite deep, then try to build them up with a bit of laquer first, but metallic T-Cut should then bring them up as good as new.

If it's just through to the base coat, then you might still get away with adding the laquer, but any deeper than that and I'd recommend a proper repair. Bear in mind that metallic base coats and primer are both water permeable, so if you're not going to get it done immediately, buy a little bottle of laquer and at least paint over the scratches to seal them. You don't want rust problems a few years down the line.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome