Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Fuel filler lock replacement

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks John
The info on how to get at the thing was really useful, mine has broken in exactly the same place, the only problem is how to get the nut back on, the only way I can see so far without taking the inner wheel arch off or putting the car on a ramp is to unscrew the 4 pins that hole the filler opening in place behind the flap, then release the little mounting clips then push the whole thing back into the car, this gave me just enough room to get 2 fingers in to hold the nut whilst turning the unit from inside the car (but then I only have small fingers anyway) also to keep the gap I had to get somwone to hold the thing apat to do this (otherwise you will have to wedge it with something). I scraped my hands to pieces doing it (& trapped my fingers a couple of times before getting help) but it seemed easier that way than doing it as above. If anyone has an easier way please let me know as the part does seem prone to breaking, but at least it is done for the time being.
Currently in Malc1's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome