Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault....never again!

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
I think several points arise from this thread.

We all welcome discussion about good and bad points on our cars, all info is helpful to someone and, if posted in time, a cheap and effective solution is often available leading to many years of happy ownership. However, sometimes you can get a dog (with any marque). No amount od suggestions will suffice in such cases and it may end up as a more economically viable solution to sell the car and start again. we are not affiliated to Renault and many members no longer own Renaults, so as a forum are not in a position to villify members who have had a bad experience.
My personal experience of cars is that at some stage they go wrong, all of them, and normally at the worst time.

I have had Fords with gutless engines and bonnet catch problems, all of which developed leaks causing to problems with lights, a VW that had an annoying habit of the wiper mechanisim coming adrift and a weak driveshaft, Minis - great car but who thought putting the dizzy cap behind the grill was clever in England and Renaults.

My experience of Renault is that with TLC and a good knowledge base they run well and have a nice, comfortable drive. But that is my opinion and whilst I may recomend a Renault I would not force my opinion on them.
Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome