Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic - Water in Drivers Footwell

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Renault - Scenic - Water in Drivers Footwell

Hi Guys, this is my first post so I hope you can please help! Well, as I am sure most of you already know, the school holidays have just begun, so what a great time for my car to play up! The other day I had so much water in the drivers footwell, I was tempted to get my swimming cossie on! But jokes aside, it started doing strange things to my electrics ie turning the lights and rear demister on and even setting the alarm off. We thought it would be a good idea to disconnect the battery and wait for the car to dry out a little. A couple of months ago somebody reversed into me and I needed a new wing. I spoke to the garage who replaced the wing and they said they would check it over to make sure they hadn't left anything off!! Well, anyway it came back having had nothing done and we are now waiting for the rain again. Yesterday, however, I noticed that there was some black plastic hanging down from underneath the engine. I pulled it out and it had sponge on one side and black plastic on the other. I was just wondering whether anybody could tell me what this was and whether losing this would cause water to get into the drivers footwell? My husband has already done the curtain wire trick on the holes near the sunroof and wipers. Any help or suggestions would be fantastic please?!? I think I also need my head gasket replacing have just noticed oil in the expansion tank but before I go ahead with this, we need to sort the leak out. Can you believe it - 1,000 plus VAT for a new head gasket - definitely not my day!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Currently in scenicmax's garage:
1.9dti Monaco
  5 Lastest Threads by scenicmax
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Scenic - Water in Drivers Footwell Bodywork chris m 11 9379 25th July 2007 02:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome