Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Replacing clock and radio bulbs Guide

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: Renault Scenic I - Replacing clock and radio bulbs Guide

Well I'm part way there now.

My headlights were bought online, meant to be brighter and clearer, but I've now replaced them with standard H7 bulbs.

The front side lights had both blown and now been replaced, again with standard bulbs.

I've checked the combined side lights/brake lights visually and both elements in each seem fine, no visible breaks.

To test if I'd solved the problem I did one fuse at a time with a 10amp in lieu of being able to easily source 7.5. The right hand front side and rear side lights now operate along with the instruments like heater controls etc. Having found this to work I've downgraded for electrical safety temporarily to a 5amp which also functions fine.

However, the left hand front and rear side lights still blow the 10amp fuse leaving the speedo light also inoperative.

I've had the speedo and the clock display out of the dash again and checked all electrical connections that are visible.

I'm wondering if the next step is to disconnect the speedo and the display again, try a 10amp with just operating the lights to try and find which item is offending the electrical systems.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome