Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna fault since dealer had it

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
just a little update, Renault have agreed to rewrite the entire engine management software free of charge but have warned me that if this does not remedy the fault then it must be down to the NON-RENAULT CAT that has been fitted prior to me buying the car.

whilst this isnt ideal and is a bit of a gamble i think they are being very fair especially as they are throwing in a curtousy car totally free as well (no insurance costs)

the general idea from them is that the system may not like the NON genuine cat and the new software write may not improve the performance, there is no way im forking out 450+vat for a new "genuine" cat so if this doesnt work then im stuck with it until such a time as the cat goes and i replace it with a genuine one.

i doubt i will still have the car at that point though, im still impressed with the Laguna and would definitely have another one, next time though i will spend a bit more and get it from somewhere where they give a 12 month warranty

i will report in again to close the thread after next wednesday (thats when its going in).

Currently in paperman's garage:
Laguna II 1.8 petrol, Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome