Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Various Problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi Wibble

Air Conditioning - Compressor removed by a previous owner. - Strange ... one, did they replace the drive belt with a shorter one ... or is the compressor just disconnected?
Anti Roll Bar bushes need replacing - slight knock when turning to the left. - Easy job and not difficult.
Central door locking - not working on one rear door and boot. - Usually the solenoids are stuck, try a strip and clean and regrease.
Only 1 plip type key - I am now worried that when I change the battery this will stop working (looking at posts on forum). Should not be a problem if the battery is changed over within a couple of mins or so ..... disarm the alarm using the key first ... prevents problems when changing the battery, also leave the sidelights on to prevent spikes.
Seems to have power steering fluid leak - haven't located it yet, but fluid on underside of engine. Check the unions where the pipes join the rack.
Engine running a little rough - but last owner had only done 650 miles in last 8 months (I've done 300 miles in the last 2 weeks). Change the plugs ... use NGK and make sure they are the correct ones, the 2.0ltr engine can be troublesome if the plugs are not "hot" enough and will foul.
Headlight levelling not working - It looks like it is cable operated? It is cable .... disconnect at the headlight ends and fire WD40 down the outer cables, use plenty and dont forget to work it in by turning the adjuster .... also dont forget to note where the adjuster was set before disconnecting, also lube the headlamp piviots.

Best of luck, you'll learn to love your plastic pig

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 25th July 2007 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome