Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 3 - Clutch/Warranty Advice

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my problem. Today i spkoe to the dealership who have implied that i have been ragging my car and that i should have bought a sports model they arer saying that where the clutch has got so hot its has worn the clutch away. I had my first year service on the 28th of june this year which i had a warning light come up 2 months before i acctually needed to have a service. during then and now my car gradually got worse and worse and it was like i was driving with my foot on the clutch all of the time. which was causing the car to over rev and a few times while i was trying to get up a hill smoke strted to come out of the engine compartment where the clutch was burning. i tried to explain this to them but they will not listen im only 19 and this is my first car and i wish i had bought a rust bucket it would have been cheaper and would of probably of lasted longer. they contacted me for the first time today only because they wonted my car moved off of the ramp useless dealership. When i had my service i had to get new brakes because they were 95% worn which my brakes have had a problem since i got the car, i got my brakes changed and that cost me 280, i think they have also done me on that because they changed the discs aswell as the pads, do they normally do this?
Currently in darrenstill's garage:
Renault clio III 1.2 5 door expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome