Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Some selfish person has.....

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
I would definitely replace it, rather than leave it - for 3 reasons;
  1. Car will look odd without it.
  2. Extremely difficult to fill these holes without it leaving a trace (or worse still, the rubber grommets)!
  3. The gas struts are heavier duty when a spoiler is fitted - you will run the risk of an uppercut when opening the boot (no joke!) it will also be more difficult to close, plus, the abruptness of the tailgate stopping when it reaches the end of its travel - won't do any long term good.
As said, you may get the right colour (hope you do), but if you don't - I've posted tips on spray painting, and would be more than happy to advise you - just don't fit it before painting it.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome