Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Gutted!

Thread: Gutted!
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 15th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Most of them look like they're definitely through to the primer. T-Cut is just going to leave you with a big white patch where the paint used to be, and any attempt at filling them yourself is going to look horrible, especially on a metallic.

It looks pretty much like both sides need doing. Even if you can T-Cut out the rear panels, a decent repairer will overspray onto them to 'blend in' anyway. A dent and scratch repairer would be cheaper, but I believe they rarely give a completely invisible repair.

It just strikes me as odd that both sides were done, and they've obviously taken the time to double back on the OSF door. Were any of the other cars parked there damaged too? Either there were two of them (one doing each side) or someone's singled out your car to really go to town on. Personally, I'd say this was a grudge - either someone you've had an altercation with on the road (or a case of mistaken identity) or someone who knows you and doesn't like you very much.

I hope Selwonk's right about karma. I've been watching "My name is Earl" but I'm still not entirely convinced.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome