Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problems with my passenger side Widow, it drops on the M62 at 70mph!!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Hi there.

Did you notice if the window lowered as if the electric motor was being used, or did it just seem to drop (as if it fell out)?

Reason I'm asking is that your answer would probably determine what to do next.

If its the former scenario - I would say that there is an electrical short occuring - take the car to an auto electrician.

If its the latter - then it could just be that the window glass has become unseated from its mounting points. This is a repair which you could do yourself (with a good selection of tools), as its just a re-mounting job. The most involved part of the job is to remove & re-fit the interior door trim - which involves undoing some torx bolts (under circular plastic covers), and some cross-headed screws, usually located around the edge of the trim panel. If this appears daunting - take it to someone you can trust, there's no point in damaging/losing fixing clips.

Hope this helps.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome