Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2007 Thread Starter
Marty V8
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution???

My wifes 1.2 Clio recently developed starting problems. I gave it to the local Renault Dealer for a day so they could run the diagnostic check on it. After they had relieved me of 70 they told me they couldnt find a fault with it. So I just went ahead and bought the crank sensor and loom, and fitted them myself. This improved matters but didnt eradicate them.

I happened to mention it to my MOT tester who said "Try the spare Key, there's a known problem with the key developing dry joints".

So we did, and it hasnt failed to start since - first time, every time. As a matter of interest I used the normal key for a while, and the problems re-appeared.

Try it. It might just be a cheap solution - certainly has worked for us - so far that is.

Currently in Marty V8's garage:
Clio II 1.2, ST24 & V8 Cobra Replica.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marty V8 For This Useful Post:
sidnee (2nd December 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by Marty V8
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution??? Clio sophiestockwell 141 175683 26th July 2007 07:30 PM
Renault Customer Communication - Clio II Bonnet Cars & motoring f8rdy 5 2117 5th June 2007 05:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome