Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Locking Convertible With Roof Down

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 26th July 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How old is your cc?
As up until very recently ultrasonic sensors were used. I think only 07 models have the microwaves.

To lock the car with the sensors disabled - you need to use the key card I'm afraid.
This should not affect insurance as it is a trusted method,as mentioned in the handbook (if you have one).

Open door, insert card into reader, press start/stop button 3 times, remove card, shut door and lock as normal. You should hear 3 ( I think,!) beeps to confirm sensors are disabled.
Next time you lock/unlock the car the alarm will be fully activated. You need to do this procedure everytime youo lock the car with the roof down.

As the roof shuts so quickly, and is more secure, we rarely leave our roof down, unless only for very short periods,like getting fuel,nipping to the shop/cashpoint etc.
Also we had a narrow escape with seagull sh!te the other day - all over the windscreen and bonnet, but luckily not any on the full beige leather interior!

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.

Last edited by SportTourer; 26th July 2007 at 08:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome