Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rusty filler cap area

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by teulk View Post
Hi in new to this forum and also new to owning a clio, ive just bought a 1999 1.6 rxe (mk2 i think), it looks pretty much ok apart from it has rust around the petrol fill cap area. Is is a normal rusting area, whats easiest way to treat it. I was just going to get some of that rust treatment that turns rust to metal, it wont be seen as hidden by the petrol filler door (if you know what i mean) so it doesnt have to look great. I took it for a test drive and handled ok but what are the most comon things to go wrong. Thanks in advance
Hi teulk, no its not very common, but its a big repair, get the car to your local Renault dealer asap, it should be covered by the 8-year corrosion warranty .... argue hard, we had our o/s rear panel replaced under warranty for the same corrosion around the filler cap last year at 7 years old, the dealer originally tried to argue the warranty was 6 years, but its not it 8-years, and Renault picked up the bodyshop bill.

hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome