Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 3 - How To Replace Pollen Filters

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2015
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Re: Renault Espace 3 - How To Replace Pollen Filters

Originally Posted by ESL57 View Post
Tell me Hondo. Was it the Megane heater you said was poor? In always looking at possible cars, I must have a burning hot heater.
Yep the Megane heater on a RH drive car IMO is crap whereas on the passenger side LH side of the car according to my other half was roasting. You can prove this yourself, just take a look at the heating vents under the dash, there are more outlets on the LH side than the RH side.

================================================== =

BTW My Megane was brand new, I sort of complained to the dealer asking if the foot-well heater vents could be reversed to bias the majority of the heat to the drivers side. "Nope" was the reply, they even mentioned a number of other purchaser had asked the same or similar question. TBH on the whole the car got hot enough in general, just the feet area was my complaint.

================================================== =

My current Toyota is 10 time better at heating on the drivers side, it fair fetches the skin off your feet, the climate control is indicated in degrees C & goes up to 30C & then High
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.

Last edited by hondo; 3rd March 2015 at 12:06 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome