Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light come on *fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2007 Thread Starter
The Espace named Beast
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light come on *fixed*

Hello everyone,first thread I have ever done so please be patient with me.(thanks).I have a 2001 Espace III 2.2Dci.On a half hour run to the coast I found I was not getting the usual amount of acceleration when needed as normal.On my return I had the stop light coming on with a battery sign.My wife consulted the manual suggesting it could be some form of under or overpowering problem.Having two young hungry kids in the car I chose to wing it home.(I guess this could have done more harm than good) My studius mind tells me this could have been an electrical fault eg battery or alternator.Therefore I went back to the car half an hour after our return and turned the lights on full with main beam,left it on a couple of minutes with no deviation and the engine still started.Thinking back after the initial time it came on the only other times it came on was when putting the engine under extra load like overtaking or rising inclines.
I hope this helps and I would be grateful for any information.I thought I would use this forum having now got on the net and spending loads to sort my problems with my P307 changing different parts at a cost to me and still not feeling fully satisfied.thank you for your time.

I do use Diesel additive regularly.The car also has had a new front pipe fitted recently having been held together with a bean can and hose clips.
Currently in The Espace named Beast's garage:
Espace III 2001 2.2 Dci

Last edited by The Espace named Beast; 28th July 2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added info
The Following User Says Thank You to The Espace named Beast For This Useful Post:
terrytheturk (13th May 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by The Espace named Beast
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light... Espace floydiandream 8 21779 28th July 2007 06:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome