Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help please!!! Laguna II Central Locking Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Help please!!! Laguna II Central Locking Problem

Hi all, newbie to the forum and Renault owner ship!

Our Laguna II 2002 1.9dci Expression has decided to throw up a fault with the central locking and I can't figure it out for love nor money!

The symptoms are that the other day the drivers window went down then wouldn't come back up; it just kept going up half way then back down an inch again! The window finally went up with some help from another person! Then two days later the car wouldn't lock with either of the keys! The central locking is working from the button on the inside and if you manually lock all the doors the remote unlocks them again perfectly. (Incidentally the front passenger window is faulty too but having checked that one of the guider cables is frayed.)

Had the AA out but the guy didn't have a clue what was the going on! I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU (as I'm told that the locks/windows/alarm have a seperate one) but all that has served to do is lose my radio code and I can't find it now! (Anyone know how to find it? lol)

My best guess at the minute is that the regulator on the drivers window is kaput and as such is telling the car the window is open and not allowing the central locking to work!

I am guessing that this will be a nasty and expensive trip to the stealer unless anyone on here has any ideas they can suggest that I haven't tried yet?

Apologies for a grumbling downhearted first post!
Currently in doilum2003's garage:
2002 Laguna Expression 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by doilum2003
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help please!!! Laguna II Central Locking Problem Electronics doilum2003 4 4311 29th July 2007 05:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome