Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Problems everywhere

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
A couple of things that I just learned about this

Something that I found when checking the drains below the windscreen was - it was easier in the end to remove the wiper arms (one nut each but be careful to not where the wipers were as the splines on the tapers are very fine) and remove both plastic panles from below the windscreen as the overlap is quite large. The drain hole is behind where teh hinge goes and is covered by a plastic flap. On mine (52 reg) this was so caked in dirt that I could not see it and only found teh drain hole when I pushed my finger through it. Befor ethis I was getting a cupful of water at a time coming through the fan vent under the dash - they build everything in, including a foot spa for the passenger!

The irritating trickle of cold water out of the light/sunroof control pod that lands on you when you go around a corner seems to be water that leaked through the sunroof got behind the headliner and ran across to collect in the pod. I checked the sunroof drains on mine and they were all clear. Howver there was dried green stuff that had been growing on teh velvety surface of the sunroof seal that had gone crusty and it may be that this was the cause of eth waterleakage up top. (this also showed as wettness going down the velour trim of the windscreen pillar). The book says that these seals must be cleaned at least every three months. Something that I will do from now on!

Hope that is useful.

Currently in philbeastall's garage:
A Ford, because the Scenic's cam belt broke
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome