Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio MK2 3dr and 5dr door seals

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio MK2 3dr and 5dr door seals

Have just bought a second hand 2003 MK2 Clio 1.2 16v. There is, what seems to be, the ubiquitous water ingress, under the front passenger seat in my case. Car had been sitting around for some months, apparently, at the dealers and has suffered from dampness - typical of the breed from what I have been reading on the forums.
Hosepipe test on the sunroof seems to show water tightness in that department but am going to investigate all the drainage pipes anyway, as suggested extensively on many threads.
Car has just had a full service, so filters all done but would it be prudent still to also check the drain holes for the scuttle plate, even though the cabin filter has just been replaced?
Ran a dehumidifier inside the car for 24 hours and that certainly seemed to improve the extreme internal condensation that was occurring when we first got the car home. All was good for a while until the wet weather arrived and the condensation indoors has come back again but less so.
The obvious (visual) culprit is that the nsf door surround seal is badly torn, which leads me to the question I would like to ask: are the front door seals for the MK2 Clio the same part on a 5dr model as they are on a 3dr? I ask because, so far, while looking for a replacement, all I can seem to see on the likes of eBay are seals for 3dr versions and no mention of one for a 5dr. Can any one clarify this for me?
One other point, quickly. Last week we noticed that on entering the car there is a horrendous smell - bit like sour milk - has appeared. It will diminish after a short while driving but is evident again next time you get in the car. Had read a thread that this could be due to AC 'fungi' being present(?) Strange though not to have noticed this before now (I should have said earlier, my son is learning in the car so it is only getting driven infrequently at the moment). Could it be the AC needs cleaning out with one of the spray products I noticed were available - or some other solution to the problem?

Many thanks, in advance, for any feedback.
  5 Lastest Threads by jlmacd
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio MK2 3dr and 5dr door seals Bodywork bathst 5 1100 8th March 2015 12:57 PM
First visit .... of many! Welcome to RenaultForums lancs dave 4 441 8th March 2015 11:37 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome