Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying a Megane

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2015
Platinum member
Nominated 4 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Smile Re: Thinking of buying a Megane

Hi, I run a 56 reg Megane Sport Tourer 1.5 dci 106 dynamic, (Manual 6 spd box) it just approaching 160K and its been very reliable and still on original clutch, battery and exhaust. I've only had minor issues with the tailgate wires breaking due to the tailgate being opened and closed do often, but that also happened with my previous estate cars too. It has plenty of go and torque on hills and averages around 60 mpg on a run fully loaded (5 people and full tank). I don't know much about the auto box, but looking through the forums there don't seem to be many if any people with enquiries about faults with them which would imply that they must be pretty reliable. Try some internet searches for reviews like 'Honest John' etc. Mine being an older model does not have either DAB or Aux on the radio CD, but I have the hands free Bluetooth so can play from my phones play list if I want to. I suggest you look at a few at the dealers and try a test drive in one & check out the features your looking for.

Hope this helps Al
Currently in A55ii's garage:
Megane Sports Tourer 106 1.5 dci , Clio 1.2 16v & A55 mk ii
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome