Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Airbag/immobiliser problem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
The sensor which activates the air bags and tensioners.

The insurers would also insist any seatbelts in use at the time also be replaced.

Unless they have been repaired in accordance with either the insurers or manufacturers recommendations your insurance cover could well be null and void. Let's be honest it is in the best interests of your safety and the safety of your passengers who could be injured as a result of an accident even though it wasn't your fault. I would strongly recommend you get it fixed correctly because sadly many poor road users have been involved in accidents where the car was not covered by insurance and in many cases any resultant costs have to be paid by either the taxpayer or through the insurers central fund which in turn is paid for by other motorists - in all honesty I wouldn't like to see one of my loved ones end up in wheelchair without getting some compensation.

As a matter of interest where the replacement components new from renault and how much did they cost you.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l

Last edited by madnoel10; 31st July 2007 at 05:55 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome