Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light come on *fixed*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2007 Thread Starter
The Espace named Beast
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
saw my brother later that day he had a multimeter so I borrowed it.i found out the voltages I was looking for etc but guess what it was in in the guidelines everytime.That left me stumped?Battery ok alternator ok or was it.I thought I would have a go at testing it again with all the electrics running and the engine running.This made a slight difference to the readings so I thought I would see if the light would come on again as before even though I was now stationary.Sure enough it came on.I didn't get chance to note the voltage properly it looked ok but as I was more concerned about the smoke coming up out of the engine bay.I quickly turned engine and all electrics off,jumped out to see where the smoke was coming from but all I can say is it was coming from the vicinity of the alternator.I presume this is case closed unless anyone has any other ideas.One thing is for sure its going to cost alot for the part and as there is no way I want to entertain fitting it alot for labour too.
Currently in The Espace named Beast's garage:
Espace III 2001 2.2 Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome